Call for Speakers
Deadline for abstract submission has passed.
Stay tuned for the programme launch end of May.
Agile Leadership Day (ALD) is the meeting place for leaders from business and IT.
At this one-day conference, practitioners from leading companies share insights and best practices, discuss about future trends on topics ranging from operational to strategic agility. Agile Leadership Day provides an opportunity to discuss challenges, exchange experiences and share ideas, to network and to leave with practical suggestions to apply when you get back to the office.
Every year, we have an open call for speakers, where we invite practitioners to send in their stories.
The Theme of 2023 is «Creating the future organizations». We invite proposals on forward looking topics. What are the top 3 priorities/ challenges in Agile at your company? Where are you heading?
To guide the application process, the Conference Board has identified some themes that are top priorities in their companies. We welcome proposals in these topics as well as beyond.
- Value Streams
- How to develop / mature Lean Portfolio Management
- How to start Agile work in new areas
- Agility in Near-/ Offshore Environments
Agile outside IT
- Value Stream Management
- How to do / adapt Financial Management when scaling Agile, e.g. with Lean Budgeting
- How to bring the Agile way of working into support / enabling functions, e.g. HR, Procurement, Marketing
- Facilitate for better results!
- It seems everyone wants to scale Agile – what about descaling for agility
- Role of HR enabling in transformation
- How to start Agile work in new areas
- Generation conflicts – Generation Z, X and Millenials as mediators
- Remote onboarding to Agile teams
- Tech (Cloudification)
- DevOps and operating models
- How to use design methods to establish DevOps practices
Leadership & Culture
- Driving a holistic change
- How to adopt Agile at scale from a culture, leadership and process perspective
- Delivering results in an Agile organisation
- Mindset Shift / Servant Leadership
- OKRs on an enterprise level
There is a 2-step selection process:
1) All abstracts are evaluated. Applicants who are shortlisted will be asked to send their presentation to the organisers.
2) The Conference Board will evaluate the presentations and select 12-15 presentations for the final programme.
Abstracts will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Benefits for participants / Transferable learning objectives
- Originality / Innovation
- Comprehensibility / Storyline / Structure
- Practical relevance / actionable content
- February 27, 2023: Deadline Abstracts
- March 24, 2023: Feedback Round 1
- April 16, 2023: Deadine Presentations
- May 24, 2023: Feedback Round 2
- October 25, 2023: Conference
No Sales Pitches, please!
You love your company, your products, your services? And that’s great, because life is too short to waste at a job you hate! But please focus your talk/workshop on practical, real world solutions that are transferrable to other attendees. Pure sales pitches and talks that focus heavily on a specific tool or service will be rejected.
Talks are 30 minutes long (incl Q&A); Workshop are hands-on, interactive sessions for a smaller group (ca. 30 participants) and last 60-70 minutes.
For the purpose of establishing a clear line between partners and other service providers, we have decided to ask service providers in the main program to also support the conference as partners – we view this as fair.
Service providers are defined are those who offer services in the agile field in the German-speaking region of Switzerland and who seek to directly gain economic advantage through their stage appearance.
If a speaker feels that s/he is not included in the definition (because s/he, for example, does not seek direct economic benefit or proposes unique content), an appropriate option can be offered. The Conference Board will consider this request in good faith and, together with the speaker, will seek a solution.
All speakers are granted free entry to both conferences (Agile Leadership Day and Business Agility Day), including catering and the partner expo. Please note that travel costs are not covered by the organisers.
Still have some questions? Drop us a line at: info@AgileLeadershipDay.ch
Deadline for abstract submissions is February 27, 2023.